But don’t worry! There is still plenty of time to shed a few more pounds before you go shopping for your bathing suit.
Always remember to warm up and cool down properly each time you work out.
Strength training is essential for losing weight and staying fit. It helps you build lean muscle, which boosts your metabolism, plus it tones up those problem areas. Choose one of the three full-body workouts below (you can also print these and add them to your Fitness Tracker), that fits your fitness level. Try these workouts care of Sparkpeople...
30-Minute Beginner Bikini Workout
40-Minute Intermediate Bikini Workout
45-Minute Advanced Bikini Workout
Repeat the workout 2-3 times each week (be sure to rest 1-2 days in between). For extra calorie burn, work in a "circuit," moving quickly from one exercise to the next in order to keep your heart rate elevated. Change up the workouts as you get stronger, moving from Beginner to Intermediate to Advanced over time. This will help you continue to see results!
When it comes to weight loss, increasing the duration of your workouts can help you see results faster. The good thing is that all of that cardio doesn’t have to happen in one long session. Adding up several shorter segments throughout the day results in the same benefits, so find time wherever you can—during your lunch break, after dinner, or while watching TV.
Try to accumulate 45 minutes a day, 3-4 days a week (or more if you’re an exercise veteran). Select from any of the workout options below, and try to do something different each day.
- Find a hilly area to walk outside (or increase the incline of your treadmill between 4% and 10% depending on your current fitness level). Walking uphill tones the leg and butt muscles and burns more calories than walking on a flat surface.
- Try interval training outdoors. Run or jog one block as fast as you can, then do a recovery walk for the next block, and continue this pattern.
- Take your dog for a walk, or play tag with him at the park.
- Jump rope! Start with short 30-60 second intervals until you can increase your endurance. Jumping rope intensely for 10 minutes has about the same calorie burn as jogging for 30 minutes.
- On those cardio machines, increase the workload (level, incline, speed) to burn more calories in less time.
- Go on a bike ride with your family.
- Clean the house in record time. Heavy cleaning can elevate your heart rate to an aerobic level. Make as many trips up and down those stairs as you can, and try to rest as little as possible to stay in the aerobic zone. The same goes for yard work.
- Try a new group fitness class such as kickboxing, Spinning, or salsa dance!
<div class="cse-branding-right" style="background-color:#FFFFFF;color:#000000">
<form action="http://www.google.com" id="cse-search-box" target="_blank">
<input type="hidden" name="cx" value="partner-pub-7749974607180513:jv1q4fi6obz" />
<input type="hidden" name="ie" value="ISO-8859-1" />
<input type="text" name="q" size="31" />
<input type="submit" name="sa" value="Search" />
<img src="http://www.google.com/images/poweredby_transparent/poweredby_FFFFFF.gif" alt="Google" />